Housing and Shelter

Housing and Shelter:

Please see the top of this column and the sidebar for specific info on homeless assistance.

American Red Cross emergency/disaster only (Bend): 382-2142

Bethleham Inn (Bend):

Winter Family Shelter Hotline (Bend): 541-323-7118

Newberry Habitat for Humanity: 476-6650

NeighborImpact (La Pine)@ La Pine Community Kitchen; call Bend: 617-7291

NeighborImpact Housing Works (Bend/Redmond): 541-923-1018

Shepherd's House (Bend):

Saving Grace:
(for victims of domestic violence and their children)

Property Management, RV Parks and Assisted Living:

Accord Property Management: 536-1165

Cascade Realty Property Management: 536-6221

Crescent Lake Property Management: 433-2227

La Pine Property Management ~ Becky Allen: 536-1114

Matthews Trailer Park (La Pine) ~ Larry Matthews: 419-0861

Riverview Trailer Park (La Pine): 536-2382

Roundup Trailer Park (La Pine): 536-2378

Re/Max Sunset Realty Property Management: 536-0117

Prairie House Retirement & Assisted Living (La Pine): 536-8559

Fort Rock Care Center Apartments (55 and older, starting at $300 per month): 541-576-2044

Little Deschutes Lodge (will be open in Dec. 2009) 55 and older, by Bi Mart in La Pine, starting at $330 per month with utilities included: 541-390-9679

Area Motels:

Crescent Motel: 433-2550

Gilchrist Inn: 433-2878

Highlander Motel and RV Park (La Pine): 536-2131

Newberry Station ~ Best Western (La Pine): 536-5130

Timbercrest Inn (La Pine): 536-1737

West View Motel (La Pine): 536-2115

Woodsman Country Lodge (Crescent): 433-2710

Area RV Parks:

Big Pines RV Park (Crescent): 433-2785

Cascade Meadows RV Resort (La Pine): 536-2244

Crescent Creek Cottages and RV Park (Crescent Lake Jct.): 433-2324

Crescent RV Park: 433-2950

East Lake Resort & RV Park: 433-2950

Jackpine RV and Mobile Home Park (Gilchrist): 433-2630

Willamette Pass Inn and RV (Crescent Lake Jct.): 433-2211

Klamath County:

Klamath County Campgrounds and RV Parks:

From the Klamath County Community Action Team Website:

  • Marta's House
    Women and Children - Domestic Violence Situation
    P.O. Box 1358
    Klamath Falls, OR 97601
    (541) 850-8939
  • Image: Klamath Falls Gospel Mission buildingKlamath Falls Gospel Mission
    Homeless, men also women's shelter
    823 Walnut Ave.
    P.O.Box 87
    Klamath Falls OR 97601
    (541) 882-4895
  • Image: Integral Youth Services officesIntegral Youth Services
    At risk youth and teenagers
    1011 Main St., Suite 200
    P.O. Box 1385
    Klamath Falls, OR 97601
    (541) 882-2053
Low-Income, Transition, and Emergency Housing:
Image: Klamath Housing Authority officesKlamath Housing Authority
Klamath County
P.O. Box 5110
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
(541) 884-0649

Supported Housing for those with mental illness (from the Deschutes County website):
DCMH believes that safe and affordable housing should be available to all. Case Managers work closely with consumers to help them find housing in the least restrictive setting or to maintain current housing.
CSS also offers a variety of supported housing programs for those who meet eligibility:
  • Adult Foster Homes: DCMH has three adult foster homes with 5 beds in each home. These foster homes serve adults who are making the transition back into the community from various institutions. There are strict guidelines for qualifications and eligibility. Contact Sarah Haefele at (541)330-4639 or email at Sarah_Haefele@co.deschutes.or.us for more information.
  • Emma’s Place is an 11 unit long-term apartment complex for adults with serious mental illness. Emma’s Place is a drug and alcohol free complex. Residents must be consumers of DCMH and be referred to the program through their therapist. Qualified consumers outside of Deschutes County are eligible to apply as well. There is a DCMH case manager on-site 10-15 hours/week to provide case management and skills training. All other CSS services are available to these residents. Contact Sarah Haefele at (541)330-4639 or email at Sarah_Haefele@co.deschutes.or.us for more information.
  • Horizon House is a 14 unit transitional apartment complex for adults with serious mental illness who are difficult to house and who would benefit from intensive case management, groups, and skills training to learn skills necessary to transition successfully into independent living. Consumers need to be open with DCMH and be referred to the program by their therapist. Qualified consumers outside of Deschutes County are welcome to apply as well. A case manager is on-site 30+ hours/week. Horizon House is a drug and alcohol free complex. Contact Sarah Haefele at (541)330-4639 or email at Sarah_Haefele@co.deschutes.or.us for more information.

Link to 2-1-1 Central Oregon Website:

American Red Cross - Bend- Link:

Family and Misc. Resource Websites with Links:

Links to local, state and national websites offering assistance with human resources of all kinds.

(If you would like a human resource link listed here, please email me with your suggestions. Non-profits only in this section, please.)

ASPIRES: Website and Resource Link for Autism:

Assistance League of Bend Website Link:

Children's Trust Fund of Oregon Resource Links:

La Pine St.. Vincent de Paul Website Link:

Central Oregon Family Resource Center Link:

Deschutes Children's Foundation: La Pine Community Campus

Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities Link:

Disability Resources for the State of Oregon

Michigan State Library Grant Information Link:


Northwest Education Collaboration Link (nearly 100 links!)

State of Oregon: DHS

Oregon Council on Aging Website: